This semester we covered a lot of techniques involving both Photoshop and the camera modes. We learned how to create appealing pictures and how to use adjust our camera for enhanced lighting. Though it seems easy, some of it wasn't. A lot of techniques we use in this class are kind of complicating and take some time to have the pictures come out the way you want them to. For example, my surrealism project is very diverse from everyone else’s because I took a lot of time to make it look different and original. I had some trouble with my blending on the layers, but I think it came out okay. Though it came out how I pictured it, it isn't my favorite piece of work from this semester. My favorite piece of work that I did this semester is my quilt squares. Though I still do not like my future quilt square, I do think that I did pretty well on all the rest of them. I think the future quilt square is by far the worst one I did all year long because it just looks so generic.
However, despite the fact that I haven’t exactly mastered the whole Photoshop curriculum, it was one of my favorite things I learned this year. I took this class for two reasons, to learn how to use a camera, and to learn how to use Photoshop. Furthermore, I really liked learning about all the different types of artist that inspired our work throughout the year. The artist that I relate to the most would probably be Salvador Dali because he’s so weird and a little creepy but his work reflects how his mind works and my mind is sort of similar because I always picture the most bizarre things happening. I think that pretty much all the work we did this year connected to my life. For instance, the quilt squares definitely reflected my life and the kind of person I am. The surrealism project also reflected how my mind works while I’m asleep and how bizarre my dreams are. The social issue kind of related to my opinion on how I view human behavior at its selfish side.
I think I’ve seem a lot of improvement in my craftsmanship and my levels of lighting. Sometimes I make my pictures too bright or too dark, but think I’ve had improvement. Of all the projects, I really think my quilt means more to me than all the others because I spent the most time on them and they were hard to put together. Overall I enjoyed this class because I learned so much in so little time. Ms.Cook taught this class very well and she’s the whole reason I took this class because she’s a cool teacher and I knew she’d teach me well. Thanks Ms. Cook!
No comments:
Post a Comment