
In this picture I have positioned a young girl at the corner of an old, historic vehicle. Further in the background is an old and dead pomegranate tree that had lost most of it’s beautiful green color over the years and had grown gloomy grey leaves over it. The young girl sits alone with her head down in sorrow for she has no a reason to smile. To me, this issue signifies the delight of one’s misery. There are certain situations when people are more contented when they see someone they despise unhappy. For instance, if President Obama were to be assassinated on this very day, the republicans of this country would be overwhelmed with gratification. Furthermore, there are also other times when a person stays silently dejected to please others. As one is smiling, the other one frowns. I chose express this social issue because in many ways, it portrays to me and my life. If I were to be in ALL honors and AP classes, my teachers, family and everyone around me would be proud and happy while wearing a pleasant smile upon their faces. Meanwhile, my frown that I’d wear would be of no importance because I’m doing what’s right while in deep despair from being besieged with a large amount of work and focus. However, it just seems that as long as everyone else is happy, it doesn’t matter what the person that it affects wishes.
2 comments:
WOW. well i don't think i'd go so far as to say that the republicans would be happy if obama was taken out... They are the conservatives you know... However, your point is well expressed. I love you photo, I think the old truck in combination with your model creates an excellent emotional feeling. Your statement also provokes thought in conjunction with the image. Well done.
THis is a really nice picture. I love the point you were trying to get across great work=)
Post a Comment