Monday, February 1, 2010

Personal Quilt

My Quilt



Outside


Inside



Past



Future

Of all the assignments given this year, the quilt was by far the most challenging. I had to really use my imagination to explore different abstract ways to express my point of view without it being so obvious. I realize that my quilts are a lot more abstract and confusing than the others, but I think I followed through with the assignment fairly well. Whenever I’d picture what my next quilt square would look like, it always altered because I could never make up my mind on which idea seemed more superior. For the most part, I’d say I did well on most of the squares, except the future square. I had a lot of trouble with the color and I don’t like the glow in back of me but I forgot how to remove it and ended up havbecause in my past square, I’m exploring the world and everything in between. As I look at my past, I see that I’m still exploring, but I’m looking at the world from a different angle. I am no longer as naïve in my future and the world isn’t as much of a playground as it once was. When I asked others about how they saw me as I person, I wasn’t all that surprised. The people who’ve known me for years know that I’m a fun, warm hearted person. Those who didn’t know me just saw me as smart and quiet. My symbols for this project were extremely abstract because I wanted people to really think about my pictures rather than having them look at my quilt and having it be so obvious to them. I’d say that all of my quilts have interesting patterns and symbols that show my emotions and personality. Because of this, it was hard to portray myself visually. The easiest part was putting them all together, but other than that, everything else was rather complicating. However, after I spent time on each square, I came to find it fun and I learned how to improve them and make them more interesting and unique for people to determine. ing to keep it there. The quilt I like the most is probably my inside square because I spent a lot of time on it trying to portray how I see myself. When it comes to comparing my past and my future, I’d say there are some similarities

No comments: